Tatting Patterns & tutorials
A page to help me remember where to find things! Might be handy for you too… It’s not comprehensive, just a list of things that I add to as I find them.
Please note, all the patterns & tutorials are free – but do support the tatting community by buying their self-published patterns when you can, because there’s some great stuff out there. (Obviously the patterns are also copyright to their respective owners.)
Please also note that the links are live when I post them. If you spot a broken link, let me know and I’ll either fix it or remove it. (Thanks!)
• Tatting cluny leaves: a step by step photographic guide
• Tatting Cluny leaves: a video
• Tatting Cluny leaves a video – very nicely explained – not too fast.
• How to make a mock ring
• How to add new thread to tatting
• Tatting a wild rose
• Hiding ends – two alternative methods.
• Debbie Drake’s explanation of the magic thread trick (on Georgia Seitz’ site)
• How to make the final join without twisting – a photo tutorial
• Videos for almost every technique in the book (!)
• How to make a split chain
Christmas Patterns & Snowflakes
• Beaded Christmas Wreath
• Alternative Wreath
• Candlelight snowflake
• Quantiesque Snowflake – my favourite of Jon‘s free snowflake patterns. **NOTE: Jon has lots of good tutorials on her site too**
• Tatted Christmas Tree
• Lovely large-ish star by Susanne Schwenke. (Nice shape)
• Rings only snowflake with beads (Two shuttles, and SCMR)
• Simple star, circle in the centre
• Tatted vine
• Li’l Heart, by Birgit Phelps, © 2001 (nice little heart for cards, my version is here.)
• Sweetheart Birgit Phelps, © 2003 (great for beginners – looks complicated but is quite easy to follow).
• Flower wreath
• Valeire Square and teardrop heart
• Flower border (designed by me!)
•Dianna Bookmark: needs 3 shuttles, and looks lovely, but tricky!
• Cluny leaf heart (my version is here)
• Cluny motif. (Flowers and leaves wreath)
• tatted cluny coaster by Mimi Dillman
• Rose de Noel, by ElisaduSud.
• Slave Bracelet by Totus Mel
Encyclopedia of Needlework / Vintage patterns
• Tatting section
• Downloadable PDF of DMC Tatting book
• Downloadable PDF’s from the The Priscilla Publishing Company. A variety of books available, including crochet, needlework, tatting and knitting.
• Tatting press pattern – to transport your tatting on the move. (I love this!)