These are tutorials and patterns that I either mean to try, or have tried. They’re here so I can find them again. Maybe you’ll find them useful too.
- All the patterns & tutorials are free – but do support the crafting community by buying their self-published patterns when you can. (Obviously all the patterns here are copyright to their respective owners.)
- Links were live when I posted them. If you spot a broken link, let me know and I’ll either fix it or remove it. (Thanks!)
• Tatting Cluny leaves: a video
• How to make a mock ring
• How to add new thread to tatting
• Tatting a wild rose
• Hiding ends – two alternative methods.
• Debbie Drake’s explanation of the magic thread trick (on Georgia Seitz’ site)
• How to make the final join without twisting – a photo tutorial
• Videos for almost every technique in the book (!)
• How to make a split chain
Tatted christmas patterns & snowflakes
• Christmas Wreath
• Candlelight snowflake
• Quantiesque Snowflake – my favourite of Jon‘s free snowflake patterns. NOTE: Jon has lots of good tutorials on her site too
• Tatted Christmas Tree
• Simple star, circle in the centre
General tatting patterns
• Tatted vine
• Li’l Heart, by Birgit Phelps, © 2001 (nice little heart for cards, my version is here.)
• Sweetheart Birgit Phelps, © 2003 (great for beginners – looks complicated but is quite easy to follow).
• Flower wreath
• Valeire Square and teardrop heart
• Flower border (designed by me!)
Tatted cluny patterns
Encyclopaedia of Needlework and vintage patterns
• Tatting press pattern – to transport your tatting on the move.